A handicap toilet is a special type of toilet made to cater to the needs of people with disabilities. Disabled individuals have trouble reaching, sitting, or standing on toilets. Such toilets are designed so that all types of disabled persons can easily use them.
Handicap toilets are the solution to the huge demand of all types of disabled persons. When you can’t reach, sitting, or standing on your toilet, what else can you do but be uncomfortable all day? Disabled individuals also need to use the bathroom like everyone else, and that includes using a toilet.
Regular toilets pose several problems for people with disabilities. The first problem is height; some handicapped people cannot easily hoist themselves onto standard-height seats. This problem is exacerbated by difficulties reaching the floor while seated without spilling or falling off onto the floor below. Secondly, many disabled people have trouble sitting down at normal heights, often hurting their hips and knees—especially if they wear braces or another leg supports. Finally, many disabled individuals have trouble standing up from a sitting position on a standard-height toilet seat.
The Solution: The Handicap Toilet
So what is the solution to this problem? The obvious answer is that handicapped people should use special toilets intended just for them. A handicapped toilet allows you to easily and comfortably sit down and get back up again. These toilets can be found in both the public and private sectors, even in homes. It allows everyone to go about their business without thinking about where to find a bathroom—this means more free time and less hassle!
Best 5 Handicap Toilets
Introducing the IntelliLoo Convenient Height 20-inch toilet. Designed with the elderly, handicapped, and medically challenged in mind; this elegant beauty will make life easier for everyone! The stylish pearl white bowl is labeled “convenient height 20″” to let anyone know your intentions before entering or exiting the washroom. With its brisket reinforcements and slow-close high-quality seat, people of all ages can sit down and stand up more easily. Looking for a toilet that won’t trap odors? This one sports an odor phazer system that eliminates any smell you might have after using it! IntelliLoo never fails to please when it comes to convenience, elegance, style – everything you could ever need in a toilet.
- Adjustable height
- Eliminates unpleasant odors
- Slow close high-quality seat
- Rated for 400 pounds of weight
- Sturdy, durable design that can endure years of use.
- No cons have been noted yet. IntelliLoo takes pride in designing toilets for any individual needs. They are one of the only manufacturers on the market to include an adjustable height toilet with their collection. This elevated feature makes all the difference in allowing individuals with disabilities or knee problems to use it with ease and comfort!
It’s no secret that a bathroom can be a dangerous place for those with mobility issues. The Vive Stand Alone Toilet Rail is the perfect solution for this problem, as it provides stability and safety when going to use the toilet. Designed for individuals who suffer from paralysis or other disabilities, such as arthritis and Parkinson’s Disease, this simple PVC frame will prevent slips and falls before they happen so you can go about your business in peace. Completely freestanding and tool-free assembly takes only moments. Once assembled, the rail folds neatly into its base, and legs become hidden away for storage purposes. This portable design makes moving around less difficult than ever before! Comfortable nonslip handles allow pain-free grip that will never leave any marks on your hands, and each leg offers a slip-resistant rubber foot for safety and stability.
- Folds up for storage
- Eliminates potential slips and falls
- Non-slip handles with slip-resistant rubber feet.
- When it’s not in use, the Vive Stand Alone Toilet Rail tends to wobble back and forth or lean to one side. This can be incredibly dangerous to those who need support when going to use the toilet so it should always be kept against a wall for safety purposes. There is also no locking mechanism which can cause problems if bumped into by anyone using the rail.
The clean, modern design of the Woodbridge T 0001 one-piece toilet will bring stylish elegance to any bathroom. The skirted trap way makes cleaning easier and it compliments different styles like craftsman or traditional. Compare to other toilets, it has no corners or grooves making for easy access for cleaning. Featuring a brushed gold button on top the flat of brushed gold is a perfect pairing with metal hardware in an existing home as well as those wanting all brass fittings.
- Combination of molded wood and brushed gold
- The price is a bit high.
The Toto not only features a clean one-piece design worthy of a proud display-its bowl elongated and high profile, making it the perfect complement to any modern bathroom. The powerful E-Max Flushing System delivers an industry-leading quantity of water with each flush for exceptional cleaning power while ensuring quiet use from all the toilets in your home. Choose from our SoftClose seat or upgrade to a Washlet level system complete with remote control and bidet options for luxurious personal cleansing at the touch of a button.
The Toto Eco Ultramax lets you get down with nature by reducing energy consumption up to 20% without compromising performance. That means you can conserve water in addition to reducing fuel and utility costs. It’s a dual-flush toilet, featuring both a half and full flush option to provide you with the best choice for your every need. And it features Toto’s unique Washlet Technology, which delivers warm water to your toilet bowl while cleaning your rear end-thus saving money on expensive wipes, pre-moistened cleansing cloths, and other similar products.
- Comes with Toto Washlet Technology for cleansing and hygiene purposes.
- 20% reduction in energy consumption.
- One-piece design with sleek, compact appearance.
- The elongated bowl is not ideal for small bathrooms and will take up an unnecessary amount of space.
Their bidet seat can be custom-fit for Woodbridge Toilets and Clean Sense in a variety of styles and colors. Whether you prefer the comfortable height or traditional design, this one-piece toilet is designed to provide all the hygiene needs. The T-0008 comes equipped with LED lights, self-cleaning nozzles, adjustable water pressure, heated seat back and front – not to mention oscillating motion which cleanses your skin better than ever! Our product also has many more features that are sure to please customers including warm air drying capabilities so you aren’t left feeling raw after washing up. Every detail on our product was considered when it came time to develop this bidet seat – even energy-saving mode so you have less impact on the environment.
- The durable and eco-friendly materials used in this bidet seat is well worth the cost. It also offers a variety of useful features including front and rear warm air dry, oscillating nozzle spray, and can be customized to fit either the Woodbridge Toilet or Clean Sense.
- The price point is a bit high for some customers which will keep them from making the purchase.
How to Choose the Best Handicap Toilet
Frequently Asked Questions
Choosing the right handicap toilet for you will come down to how much money you are willing to spend on your purchase. Some customers are looking for luxury or comfort and will be willing to pay a higher price point regardless of the shortcomings. The Woodbridge T-0008 is perfect for those looking to upgrade or provide luxury to their guests. Each of the toilets on this list is highly rated by customers, making it difficult to choose one over the other. If you are looking for the best value, go with the Toto Eco Ultramax. Not only will it save you money on your water bill, but it will also help conserve energy which will save you money in the long run.